I have recently been nominated for the Liebster Award by Brinda Naidu from Gotta Say Thanks. Thanks Brinda! I wasn’t aware of this award but am pleased nonetheless!
I have only recently started blogging but am amazed at the simple pleasure it gives me. Writing makes me feel free. I enjoy the feeling of my thoughts flowing into words, and I savour those moments when I am able to successfully capture an elusive thought into writing. I also want to make a difference with my writing. If I can motivate, encourage, teach or humor someone with what I write, then that is reward in itself for me.
Blogging has opened up a whole new world to me. As I discover new blogs everyday, as I read the blogs of my followers, and in turn becoming their follower, I am like a child that has discovered a new toy. I am endlessly fascinated and inspired by the flow of thoughts and ideas of like-minded souls out there.
Coming back to the Liebster, having been nominated, I have to pass on the pleasure as per the following rules…
Liebster Award Rules:
1. List eleven random facts about yourself…
2. Nominate eleven bloggers for the award…
3. Let them know about the nomination…
4. Answer the eleven questions you were asked when you were nominated…
5. Ask eleven questions for the new award winners to answer…
Eleven random facts about me:
1. I love mangoes, the tarter the better.
2. I love the Harry Potter series.
3. I love long leisurely walks in parks. Preferably with my husband along.
4. I recently watched the Addams Family musical with my sister. It was fun!
5. Reading a good book relaxes me.
6. My dream job would be to read books all day and write reviews for them!
7. I love pizza… more cheesy the better…
8. One of my best friends has moved to Australia and I miss her terribly.
9. I wish I had pursued Psychology as my major at University – the human mind and its workings fascinate me.
10. My favourite colours are turqoiuse, pink and white.
11. I took a really long time coming up with this list of 11 random things and I am glad it’s finally done!
11 bloggers I nominate:
You guys have all won because you have given me reading pleasure! Thanks!
Refreshing thoughts on life and living
Feisty and fresh outlook to life
Beautiful insights about life and the journey to becoming a mother
Mother of 2 – taking life as it comes and enjoying the process
Quirky, funny and refreshingly real
Observations and insights about the things in life that we often tend to overlook
Faith is what guides us in life – she writes about life so splendidly
Great food photography and about chasing your dreams to the ends of the world – well at least to the next continent!
Always an entertaining read
A very wise lady – writing about being a single woman in today’s world
Fun, quirky and poignant thoughts about life and living well.
Keep the writing going guys! I am looking forward to all your posts 🙂
Questions for my nominees:
1. What is your best asset/skill?
2. Who do you look up to and why?
3. What is your dream job like?
4. What do you do to relax?
5. If you had to live the rest of your life only on one cuisine (e.g. Italian, Mexican, etc…) what would it be?
6. Which famous/renowned person would you most like to meet one day?
7. What is your motto/philosophy for life?
8. What is your favourite food?
9. Which book that you have read has changed your perspective in life or inspired you greatly?
10. Which hotel/resort stay was your most memorable?
11. Beach paradise, cultural immersion or urban shopping delight? Which is your most preferred vacation experience?
Questions form Gotta Give Thanks:
1. What makes you smile?
My husband’s antics – he can be quite a clown…but he is my clown 🙂
2. Who has inspired you most?
There have been plenty of people at different times of life. But at this time, I think of two people – Gretchen Rubin, author of The Happiness Project, and Susan Jeffers, author of Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway. They have helped me see life differently.
3. Why do you write?
To put my jumbled thoughts clearly on paper so they make sense, to inspire myself and others, to connect with other writers around the world.
4. Who is your favourite cartoon character?
Spongebob Squarepants! He is ALWAYS so happy…
5. What would you say if you met the Queen?
I will ask her what makes her happy. I’d be interested in her take on life, being in the position she is in and having seen life from a position of authority. One may think she has it all. But does she think so?
6. What is your favourite drink?
7. Do you believe in aliens?
I think I do. I don’t believe we can be the only life form in this Universe.
8. What is your favourite song?
In English songs, I love Bad Day, by Daniel Powter. Always picks me up when I feel down and even if I am not feeling particularly down.
9. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Thosai (Indian rice pancake)
10.What is the last book you read?
The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Amazing read!
11.Who can you not live without?
Awfully difficult question…there are simply too many people. But I am going to be contrary here and say that it is dangerous to have that mentality. We simply cannot say that I can’t live without so and so… Life has to go on no matter what, right…