1. You got to act silly and not be self-conscious about it.
2. You made some of your best friends at school… Think back and you will realise that most of your best buds, you met during your school days.
3. Most of us did not have to make any brain-hurting decisions. The adults generally took care of the hard stuff 🙂
4. Lunch was waaayyy cheaper and sometimes more tasty 🙂 I remember that Nasi Briyani in secondary school, oh yes…the vegetarian stall at NYJC was not too bad either!
5. You got to spend heaps of time lollygagging with your friends after class (I mean the homework could certainly wait, right?) Now we have to make appointments weeks in advance to meetup! Oh the trials of Adulthood…
6. We had plenty of teachers to make fun of… oops… but true. Somehow complaining about work isn’t half as much fun…hmmm
7. Lectures halls were great places to catch up on sleep or gossip 😉
8. We were less concerned about our waistline and gorged recklessly on junk… Ah the innocence of youth…gone now…
9. Crushes were exciting then and great fodder for discussion and lengthy analyses of the merits of each crushee… Now finding Mr/Ms Right is practically a box on the To-Do list…
10. SCHOOL HOLIDAYS!!! 2 whole months every year and during Uni time 4 MONTHS! Those were the days man….regardless of whether we had holiday classes or we took jobs… an holiday is an holiday!
Have you got any fond memories of your schooldays? Do share!