The Shine On Award was created by senior bloggers, to celebrate and promote the blogs of fellow bloggers and to show appreciation by nominating them. Once you have been nominated, you’ve received the award.
As is usually the case, to accept the award, you have to fufil a few steps and pass on the baton so to speak. The rules to accept the award are as follows:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
So here goes…
I have been kindly nominated by Stephanie from Stephanie-isms (http://stephanieisms.wordpress.com/2013/09/04/shine-on/). Thank you, Stephanie! Go check out her blog for fun and quirky observations on life!
7 Things about myself
1. I take bellydance classes every week. I have been learning this for close to 2 years now and I love it! I like the grace, elegance and muscle control that is required by this dance form.
2. I used to be a bit of a runner in my school days. I stopped running after my junior college days, but recently I am trying to incorporate it back into my life as a way to keep fit and connect with nature. But as luck would have it my running shoes decided now is a good time to give up on me and the sole came apart. I need to get new shoes!!
3. I have been trying out meditation recently in order to become more calm and mindful. Not sure how well it is working yet, but I do constantly tell myself to remain in the present and be calm these days. It is so much easier when you are not fretting about things all the time…
4. I have recently taken an interest in poetry. I used to read poetry and write my own poems in my early teens, but the interest sort of dwindled away as I grew older and less angst-y. Now that I seem to be having a lot of angst back in my life, I have re-discovered the therapeutic effect of poems.
5. I like reading Children’s literature from time to time. Enid Blyton (my first love) and J.K. Rowling remain my all-time favourite authors.
6. I love travelling! Like really a lot! I have to get out of the country 3-4 times a year. I travel with my husband, my friends and my family. I am yet to travel on my own and I hear it is a liberating experience but have not gathered the guts to do so yet. I am not sure my mum will let me either!
7. I love Mexican food. I like the blend of flavours and textures it has – the spice, the tangy-ness, the crispy bits and soft chewy ones… Love nachos with cheese especially!
15 other bloggers (in no particular order)
1. Far From Done
3. Married to Italy
4. My Top Fives
6. Latte and Cake
7. Life after 50
8. Defining Wonderland
10. Conception’s Bitch
11. Live young and wild and free
12. Tina Marie Smith
13. Fading Sunlight
14. Indian Street Photography
15. Manhattan Image and Style
Shine On all of you!